Thursday, July 8, 2021

Holidays 2019

Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful thankfully. Chris had only been in rehab in Wilmington for a month. We pretended that everything was ok and that he was doing better but that was lie. We went to my parents. I saw some of my friends, Dad and Chris went to the gun range to shoot. Over all it wasn't a bad thanksgiving. 



By Christmas things had gotten pretty bad. We made it to my parents house but Chris had a bad eye infection so on Christmas day I had to take him to Phoebe Convenient Care to get checked out and get some meds. We also got him an eye patch to keep him from messing with it and to help it heal. It was pretty funny. Then the day after Christmas I fell on the stairs on the back porch and busted my hip open. It was a small cut but a deep one. So, I called my friend Sarah to ask her if I could just take care of it myself or if I should go get a couple of stitches. She said as long as I clean it well and bandage it closed well I'll be fine. So, that's what we did. Cleaned it out real well, used two butterfly strip thingys to hold it closed and then put a big band-aid over it all to keep my pants from rubbing it. It sucked! But what really sucked was having to drive to Atlanta later that day. Because Chris only had one good eye I had to do all the driving. lol.


Pirate Chris
Chris and Gmommy asleep and my dad peeking in through the window

my boo boo
 
We got to Atlanta and spent the night at my parents condo. Chris was struggling with his addiction and I didn't sleep because I was worried about him and my hip was killing me. Then the next day we went over to Chris's granddads house to spend time with his family. We had a great time and his family got a kick out of seeing the pair of us looking like we've been beating up on each other. We were a mess. Chris had to help me get in and out of the car, up and down from the couch, etc. Bending was not easy with a cut and bruise on your hip.
 
 
 
We spent the night at his granddads house with everyone, then the next day we went over to my sisters to have Christmas with them. We had a great time. After spending some time there we left and came home. It was a very very long drive with a sore hip. Chris slept pretty much the whole way with his lovely eye patch on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment